“The Antelope Lancers are gone sir and the Bell Temple cavalry is in tatters. It was the ducks sir! Feathery little bastards hiding in the water and reeds, slitting the mounts bellies as they rode past. I thought General Fazzur had done away with ‘em all but looks like Starbrow managed to get some of the cowardly freaks to fight. The Char-un heavy cavalry will finish the job though sir and the island will be ours!”
Love or hate ducks as you will, but never underestimate them.
That would be a costly mistake (just ask the surviving members of the Imperial cavalry that took part in the Battle of Dangerford!)
DuckPac – Book 1: Lore, Legends & Myths is the first in a series of four publications by Legion Games focusing on one of Dragon Pass’ most iconic races, the Ducks.
This volume serves as an introduction to the Durulz Tribe of Duck Vale in the southwestern corner of the Kingdom of Sartar and provides a view of the tribe and race including:
- The origins of the Ducks (according to the Durulz).
- Information on Durulz culture, society, family life and traditions.
- Notes on the infamous Duck Hunts of the Lunar Occupation of Sartar.
- A gazetteer of Duck Vale and its surrounds
Illustrated throughout with new artworks specifically commissioned for the DuckPac series, Book 1: Lore, Legends & Myths provides a primer for both the gamemaster and player interested in interacting with the tribe or playing a duck adventurer.
“DuckPac is brilliant, a cohesive, sensitive, and sometimes tongue-in-cheek examination of what arguably is Glorantha’s most iconic species. It’s a ‘must have.’”
Andrew Logan Montgomery, author of the Six Seasons in Sartar trology.
Other publications in this series will include
- DuckPac – Book 2: Duck Adventurers – A fully detailed guide to creating your own Duck Player Characters.
- DuckPac – Book 3: Redfeather Dreaming – A SoloQuest or one-to-one adventure for new Duck characters set in the Upland Marsh.
- DuckPac Book 4: Vol 1. The Quackford Terror & other stories [coming soon] – A set of standalone and linked scenarios, encounters and plot seeds for the gamemaster to run for Duck adventurers and their closest of companions.
- DuckPac Book 4: Vol 2. The Broken Sword & other stories [coming soon] – A set of standalone and linked scenarios, encounters and plot seeds for the gamemaster to run for Duck adventurers and their closest of companions.
The Age of Heroes is upon us.
Will the Ducks step forward or cower in their huts?
That is up to you to decide.